Pattern Recognition and Remote Sensing Laboratory (PARRSLAB) was established in 2014 at the Hacettepe University, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. PARRSLAB is committed to excellence in fundamental and applied research in remote sensing, machine learning and computer vision. Over the past years, PARRSLAB has been funded largely by Tubitak (the national science foundation of Turkey), and has several ongoing projects with companies in the defense industry. Our latest projects include fusion of hyperspectral and Lidar data, target detection from ground penetrating radar data, and medical image processing.
If you are interested in these fields, we are always looking for collaborators, talented graduate as well as undergraduate students. Please skim through our projects, join our seminars and let us know if you have any questions.
Asst. Prof. Seniha Esen Yuksel
Contact: eyuksel --at-- hacettepe.edu.tr
Address: Hacettepe University Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Beytepe Campus, 06800 Ankara, Turkey
Phone: +90 (312) 297 7050
- We have one journal article accepted to the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters.
- Slides from our "Deep Learning in Computer Vision" tutorial at SIU 2016 are now available online.
- We will be giving a tutorial on Deep Learning in SIU. See you in Zonguldak!
- Orhan Torun has been selected to receive the prestigious OSA Foundation Student Travel Grant to attend the HISE conference in Germany.
- Halit Bugra Tulay and Oguzhan Ozel have received the Tubitak Grant 2241-A (Sanayi Odaklı Lisans Bitirme Tezi Destekleme Programı), with their project titled A Study on Unmanned Air Vehicle based Multispectral Analysis (İnsansız Hava Aracı Tabanlı Multispektral Analiz Çalışması). Congratulations to our undergraduate researchers.
- Our article on landmine detection has appeared on the IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing journal.
- Dr. Yuksel has recevied the Tubitak Career Grant, starting September 2015 and to last for 30 months. It is titled Fusion of Hyperspectral Imaging with LiDAR Data.
- K. Gurkan Toker, Sefa Kucuk and Dr. Yuksel have joined the IGT-TUYGUN project starting March 2014 for 16 months. We will be doing research on hyperspectral image analysis.